Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Movie Tyme - Max Payne

Max Payne? Seriously? I played the video game, no... I LOVED the video game. I remember thinking, Man, someone should make this into a movie!" I got excited earlier this year when I heard it was coming out... and then... I saw it.

Now, I don't want to say it is a terrible movie. Far from it. It's a typical Hollywood action movie that has lots of potential. My plan is simple. Change the names of the characters, the drug, and the places mentioned. Change the title of the movie. Change about six lines. Do that, and you have a great movie, completely stolen from max Payne the video game, but no one would really even notice. Let's face it, they changed enough from the video game that it really didn't line up anyway. Call it "Barry Bluski and the Blue Vial of Death," or "Hugh E. Louis and the New Drug." As it is, they should have called it, "Liked Max Payne? Give Us Your Money."

Oh, and why is Hollywood so intent on cramming stars down our throats when we've proven time and time again that we prefer some forethought, good writing, and decent casting instead of "star power?" I have nothing against Mark Whalberg, but whose bright idea was it to cast him as Max Payne? Two guys jump... no, LEAP out to me as better choices... Jeffrey Donovan (USA's Burn Notice) and Damien Lewis (NBC's Life).

Max Payne indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment